CITS provides its students with the following unique opportunities:
Throughout their study course, MA students do not only attend classes but also:
- take part in different master classes by Russian and foreign partners of the School, seminars and other international events: we receive experts from the Directorate-General for Interpretation of the European Commission, the Directorate-General for Logistics and Interpretation for Conferences of the European Parliament, the Russian booth of the UN Office at Vienna, the Russian Translation Service of the UN Secretariat in New York, the Linguistic Support Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), and, most importantly, the list of partner institutions is constantly expanding. That is why every cohort of students has a chance to take part in unique master classes by a new partner organization of CITS;
- take part in regular virtual classes, held by experts of the Directorate-General for Interpretation of the European Commission, the Directorate-General for Logistics and Interpretation for Conferences of the European Parliament and foreign partner universities – University of Geneva (Switzerland), London Metropolitan University (UK), University of Ljubljana (Slovenia), Boğaziçi University (Turkey), Comillas Pontifical University (Spain), Ca’Foscari University of Venice (Italy), University of Trieste (Italy), University of Bologna (Italy), the National Institute for Oriental Languages and Civilizations (INALCO, France), etc.. CITS has an academic cooperation agreement with many of these universities, and our students can take part in exchange programmes and study abroad;
- advance their interpreting skills in CITS classrooms, equipped with the up-to-date equipment for simultaneous interpretation, identical to the systems used by interpreters at the leading EU institutions. Moreover, specific training modules and computer software allow to work with different types of tasks and simulate conditions of real interpreting work;
- have the opportunity to undertake a traineeship at the leading EU institutions, United Nations, World Intellectual Property Organization , Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, etc.;
- are engaged in volunteering, which gives them a chance to gain real interpreting experience and to find potential employers. The number of events at the Caspian and international levels, held in Astrakhan, is increasing every year, and our MA students always have the opportunity to try themselves as interpreters in different spheres (from industry to sports) and to get a letter of gratitude for their portfolio. Students also gain practical experience, which is the most valuable for employment.
- learn from the top-class teachers of CITS (practising interpreters and translators) who constantly improve their qualification in teaching and actively implement best practices of training interpretation and translation.
CITS allows its students to choose the best career path – the School trains future interpreters and translators for regional, national and international markets.